If your pet needs urgent medical attention, our clinic is available any time during open hours. If our hospital is closed, we always have a veterinarian on-call to assist you. Even if the emergency is not life-threatening, your pet may need medical attention prior to an available appointment time. We have your pet’s health and safety in mind! We will make sure to squeeze you in between scheduled appointments.
In the case of an emergency, please do not hesitate to call (815) 942-5365 or just come in! If possible, please call us prior so we can advise you on your pet’s particular emergency.
The following are symptoms that could potentially be serious and warrant immediate consultation with a veterinarian if your pet:
- Is having difficulty breathing
- Is having irregular or bloody bowel movements
- Is vomiting (especially with blood)
- Is having trouble urinating or is vocalizing while urinating
- Is bleeding excessively
- Is acting erratically or biting at imaginary objects
- Is having a seizure or loss of balance
- Has suffered heatstroke or severe dehydration
- Is visibly in pain or panting heavily
- Has had diarrhea for more than 24 hours straight
- Has eaten/swallowed a foreign object(s)
- Has eaten/swallowed a poisonous substance
- Has suffered serious trauma or injury
- Seems to have lost its sight (sudden blindness)
- Is unconscious
- Has a swollen abdomen that appears painful when touched
- Is experience unusual swelling
- Is pregnant and having difficulty delivering puppies or kittens
Or anything else that is unusual or worrisome to you!